Timo Kiander runs a productivity blog called Productive Superdad.
I have recently read one of his famous book on how to improve your productivity at workplace, I will be sharing some points which I liked from book, this might help my readers to improve in their daily activities. If there is one word that describes todays work environment, its “busy.” Consider the image of people running from one meeting to another, unable to focus on assignments because they are distracted, working overtime to meet their deadlines, and buried by a constant avalanche of e-mail messages. Unfortunately, a situation like this, being productive and creative is not even remotely possible. If all you can do is barely making it through your workday by putting out fires, what happens to your actual assignments? You don’t have time for them. That has explained by author Timo Kuander in his book, WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER.
Personal productivity is like a building, in order to build building to stand tall and last through various weather conditions, it has to have a solid foundation, otherwise the building will collapse. To the solid foundation of personal productivity, the following blocks must be in phase:
• Proper mindset
• Physical activity
• Optimum nutrition
• Enough sleep
Above are the basic things which we have been told since our childhood and which has been used by our ancestor. If we follow above things in our daily routine it will help us to maximize our utilization of energy personal level and below are some tips which can help us to improve productivity on a daily basis at our workplace.
• Have a powerful start of a day- Getting up early and gives you extra time and you are ahead from the rest of the world. It also helps to invest some me-time which can be investing time in reading, writing, hobbies, excersing, meditation, building your business etc.
• Understand your optimal working rhythm- You can search online different methods which helps you to understand your working style.
• Keep distractions at bay- Distractions are all around us, basically three types of distractions you could see at workplace that is communication tools(e-mails, social media, meeting etc.),other people, Internal distraction.
• Never start your day unplanned- Implement habit of planning day in advance.
• Drink water- A study made by the University of East London found that drinking water improves your brains performance by 14%.
• Identify most important task and do them first.
• Ask questions regarding your next meeting well in advance
• Batch similar task together
• Process your e-mail effectively
• Delegate the right way
• Take breaks
• Take care of frogs right away- It is popular theory by Brian Tracyin is his book EAT THAT FROG! This says to perform important and difficult task first thing in the morning.
• Create checklist- It is best method which even I follow in my daily activities, it helps you to prioritize work in better manner.
• Take a snapshot of your work before vacation-
• Focus on one thing at a time
• Control the busy work
• Know your tools better
• Know how you spend your time on your computer.
We covered a lot of ways to make your work day more productive, now it’s your turn to put all information in practice. I hope this will help my readers to improve on their productivity for more detailed information you can go ahead and read book to get detailed of how you can improve productivity at your workplace 😀😀😀
#Happy working#smarter working#
Image has been taken from google.in